Economic and Housing Market Updates with Sam Khater
Economic and Housing Market Updates with Sam Khater 2020
Freddie Mac Single-Family CRT brings you Economic and Housing Market Updates with Sam Khater, Vice President and Chief Economist, Economic and Housing Research.
Originally presented during Freddie Mac’s 2020 Investor Day Virtual Event on June 11, this informative session covers five main points:
- Economy shrank by 5% in Q1 and is expected to contract by over 30 percent in Q2
- Contraction is not just deep, but very broad and it impacts most industries
- Employment remains 20 million below February but rebounding faster than expected
- Daily economic transaction data suggest the economy hit bottom in mid-April and has been improving since
- Residential real estate demand declined at similar rates to broader economy, but housing market is recovering much faster
The information presented in this recording is not an offer to sell any Freddie Mac securities. This recording may contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, some of which are beyond the company's control. Management's expectations for the company's future necessarily involve a number of assumptions, judgments and estimates, and various factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations expressed in these and other forward-looking statements. The company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements it makes to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
The financial and other information contained in this recording are only as of the dates stated or shown. The information could be out of date and no longer accurate. Freddie Mac undertakes no obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information in those documents.